Metabolic Pathways Genomic Data Scientist
Whole Biome is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live SynbioticsTM(probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration. Whole Biome has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
We are currently seeking a Data Scientist with experience in analyzing biological pathways in the context of biochemical/cell assay data as well as high-throughput genomics. This position will report to the Senior Staff Data Scientist and be responsible for supporting both bench and clinical scientists.
What You’ll Do:
- Design, analyze, and interpret complex multivariate genomics pathway data in collaboration with lab biologists and fellow data scientists
- Provide synthesis of actionable biological findings in presentations to internal stakeholders
- Develop and contribute to data science software packages
- PhD in Statistics, Computational Biology, Computer Science or a related field
- Training in the interpretation of bacterial genomes and associated metabolic and/or signaling pathways
- Strong understanding of bioinformatics algorithms, e.g., sequence assembly and alignment, genomic annotation
- Solid knowledge and familiarity of statistical techniques, e.g., EDA, regression analysis, hypothesis testing and ML methods
- 3 years industry experience in R
- 3 years in Unix/Linux environments using Bash, Make and related Unix tools
- 1 year of professional Python
- Independent thinker who understands the value of team collaboration
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers, and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We believe strongly in employee transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
Whole Biome is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We welcome all with disabilities to apply.