IT Manager/ IT Leader
Whole Biome is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live SynbioticsTM (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration. Whole Biome has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
Whole Biome is seeking an experienced Cloud/DevOps Engineer or Senior Cloud/DevOps Engineer with strong Amazon Web Services experience to work collaboratively with our Software Engineers and Data Scientists to build, test, deploy and monitor cloud and laboratory software services, recommend and implement security and performance best practices, and provide R&D systems support.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop and implement procedures for user on/off -boarding
- Provision and maintain company laptops & workstations. Troubleshoot software and hardware issues for users
- G Suite Administration – Manage policies and procedures for shared resources, e.g., Drive, Calendar, etc.
- Manage security updates and patches to corporate computer network hardware
- Manage corporate LAN/WAN network. Manage corporate & group specific software licenses and subscriptions
- Purchase and track company computer equipment
- Maintain & update shared conference room AV equipment
- Manage Software licenses and subscriptions, e.g., Asana, Pivotal, Github, Slack, etc.
- Support employees across the company with office equipment set-up and maintenance
- 7 years directly related experience in hardware, software, network and data security
- Update and secure laboratory workstations & instruments
- Experience administering G Suite domains
- Network administration; G Suite LDAP authentication for corporate LANs and VPN
- Experience optimizing/troubleshooting VPN and LAN networks
- PC and MAC hardware support, software and LAN connectivity troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Google and Amazon cloud administration & security
- Experience administering shared GSuite drives across multiple organizations
- Experience setting up backup and recovery solutions for heterogeneous computing environments
- Significant experience in information security policies and procedures
- Great communication skills with a customer centric orientation
- Able to work independently and utilize creative solutions to challenges
- Physically capable of running network cable, climbing ladders and moving analytical instrumentation and attached computers
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers, and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We believe strongly in employee transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
Whole Biome is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We welcome all with disabilities to apply.