Whole Biome is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live SynbioticsTM (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration. Whole Biome has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
Whole Biome is looking to hire a Procurement Specialist to join our growing Operations team. Taking guidance from our COO, you will have full ownership of the procurement process and purchasing function at Whole Biome. Our ideal candidate has both the experience and positive attitude to excel in this role.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the Procurement process of direct and indirect procurement items: lab consumables, wet lab equipment, IT computers, etc
- Establish and maintain working relationships with vendors and ensure cost effectiveness in terms of product quality, pricing and lead time
- Evaluate and qualify new suppliers and vendors for quality and cost effectiveness; Vendor management
- Train new Whole Biome employees on Point Purchasing, our PO system
- Process invoices with accounts payable and assist in reports
- Coordinate credits, refund and claims as needed
- Interface with leaders across multiple departments
- Own the process of creating and modifying POs
- Oversee the entire procurement process, from requisition to receipt of goods/services, and ensure timely delivery
- Improve effectiveness of support and services, as they pertain to procurement of goods
- Strong communication skills required, both verbal and written
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with a customer-service mindset
- 1-3+ years of experience in procurement or purchasing within a biotech, pharmaceutical, or similar organization
- Self-directed go-getter
- Familiarity with lab equipment
- Good hands-on knowledge of configuration management and deployment tools
- Experience with continuous builds & deployments as well as continuous integration, log collection and analysis, and performance monitoring/tuning
- Experience with Google and Amazon cloud administration; (experience with AWS is required)Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
- Demonstrated track record of self-directed work
- Ability to teach others and willingness to learn new techniques
- Experience with Point Purchasing, preferred
- Experience working in a manufacturing or maintenance environment, preferred
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers, and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We believe strongly in employee transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
Whole Biome is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We welcome all with disabilities to apply.