- Identity Data includes first name, maiden name, last name, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data includes internet protocol (IP) address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this site.
- Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences and any feedback or surveyed responses. This category may also include employment and education history in the event that this personal data is provided to us in the case of career submissions.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our site, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
How Personal Information Provided By You May Be COLLECTED AND Used
Whole Biome will only use your PI in compliance with current laws. In some cases, Whole Biome may use PI submitted by you, such as your answers to questions or surveys about our products or services, your demographic or geographic information, to demonstrate the value of our products and/or services in marketing and/or advertising materials or media. In such cases, Whole Biome shall not identify you as the source of such information without your express consent, and absent such consent, shall ensure that any such presented information is anonymized so that the information will not be attributable to you when and as presented.
Disclosures to Third Parties Assisting In Our Operations
Whole Biome may share your PI under confidentiality agreements with other companies that work with, or on behalf of, Whole Biome, to provide products and services. These companies may use your PI to assist Whole Biome in its operations. These companies do not, however, have any independent right to share this information.
Disclosures Under Special Circumstances. We may disclose your PI to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process or governmental regulations, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims. We may also disclose your PI if we believe it is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, or as otherwise required by law.
AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED INFORMATION AND ANONYMOUS INFORMATION
Each time a visitor comes to the Site, Whole Biome collects some information to improve the overall quality of the visitor’s online experience.
Aggregated Data. Whole Biome collects aggregate queries for internal reporting and also counts, tracks, and aggregates the visitor’s activity into Whole Biome’s analysis of general traffic-flow at the Site. Whole Biome may also remove personal identifiers from PI and maintain it in aggregate form that may later be combined with other information to generate anonymous, aggregated statistical information. Whole Biome may share, publicly or privately, anonymized or aggregated information from the Site. If Whole Biome shares aggregate information, it will do so in a manner that no individual can be identified.
Web Server Logs and IP Addresses. An Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is a number that automatically identifies the computer/device you have used to access the Internet. The IP address enables our server to send you the web pages that you want to visit, and it may disclose the server owned by your Internet Service Provider. Whole Biome may use IP addresses to conduct website analyses and performance reviews and to administer the Site.
Whole Biome may participate in behavioral-based advertising. This means that a third party may place a cookie on your browser, or use a web beacon, to collect information about your use of our Site so that they can provide advertising about products and services tailored to your interest. That advertising may appear either on our Site or on other websites. If you would like to opt-out from having the behavioral-based advertising companies with whom we have a relationship use your information for advertising purposes you can do so by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative or Digital Advertising Alliance.
Whole Biome takes measures it believes are reasonably designed to protect the PI that it receives from you from unauthorized access, use and alteration. We believe, however, that a persistent attacker with sufficient resources would be able to defeat our security measures. Therefore, we provide no guarantee that your PI will remain secure.
RESPONSE TO “DO NOT TRACK” SIGNALS
Some Internet browsers include the ability to transmit “Do Not Track” signals. Since uniform standards for “Do Not Track” signals have not yet been adopted, Whole Biome does not process or respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
CHILDREN’S PRIVACY PROTECTION
The Site is not intended for use by persons under 18 years old.
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of PI to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, you may contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may review and request changes to your PI that Whole Biome has collected, including the removal of your PI from Whole Biome’s databases in order to prevent receipt of future communications, using any of the following options:
You can send your request via e-mail to: email@example.com